Sun, Oct 15|
ClearWater's Spring Creek property
Fall Tree-for-All Giveaway
We are giving away FREE TREES to all interested landowners, farmers and tree lovers. Plants will be available first come, first serve. Thanks to the Keystone Ten Million Trees Partnership.
Time & Location
Oct 15, 2023, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
ClearWater's Spring Creek property, 1601 Houserville Rd, State College, PA 16801, USA
About the Event
Join us for a Tree-for-All in partnership with the Keystone Ten Million Trees Partnership. We believe that every tree planted brings us one step closer to a greener, healthier future.
*This event will take place at our Spring Creek property at 1601 Houserville Road, NOT the ClearWater offices on North Atherton!
At this event, you'll have the opportunity to receive free saplings of native trees that are well-suited to our local ecosystem. Whether you're an experienced gardener or just getting started, our knowledgeable volunteers will be on hand to provide planting tips and answer any questions you may have.
By participating in this tree giveaway, you'll not only beautify your own space but also contribute to the larger effort of restoring and conserving our region's natural beauty. Trees help clean our air, provide habitat for wildlife, and enhance the overall quality of life for our community.
Requirements: In order to receive free trees and shrubs, you must fill out a form that includes your planting address. This information is for reporting purposes only and will be not be publicly available or used in any mailing campaigns.
What's available? In addition to more than a dozen native tree and shrub species, we'll have tree tubes and stakes, which work to guard the baby trees while they grow! These are also available at no cost, and we will demonstrate best practices in installing and maintaining the tree tubes (also called tree shelters).
List of available species (first come, first served):
- American Elm (Ulmus americana)
- Arrowwood (Vibernum dentatum)
- Black Chokeberry (Aronia melanocarpa)
- Black Willow (Salix nigra)
- Honey Locust (Gleditsia triancanthos)
- Hornbeam (Carpinus caroliniana)
- Pin Oak (Quercus palustris)
- Pussy Willow (Salix discolor)
- Red Chokeberry (Photinia pyrifolia)
- Red-Osier Dogwood (Cornus stolonifera)
- Red Maple (Acer rubrum)
- River Birch (Betula nigra)
- Sandbar Willow (Salix exigua)
- Silky Dogwood (Cornus amomum)
- Silky Willow (Salix sericea)
- Smooth Alder (Alnus serrulata)
- Spicebush (Lindera benzoin)
- Sweet Bay Magnolia (Magnolia virginiana)
- Tulip Poplar (Liriodendron tulipfera)
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.